Newport stretch background

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Saturday Shopping

I wanted to share a few of my favorite Antique & Vintage shops (in the south Nashville area)… I visited these Saturday with my fellow blogger Deneen of Dreaming in Color (http://dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com/) and her sister-in-law Cindy.

Our journey began in Nolensville, TN at the Roost and Three French Hens – just a few minutes south of Nashville. Check out their blog - http://www.threefrenchhenstennessee.blogspot.com/.  Both owners Stacey and Debbie were working and mentioned their Christmas Open House would be next weekend (Nov 5) – you might get 10% off if you say you read about their open house on my blog.  Both stores have great antique and vintage finds, and a great place for ideas and unique items.  Deneen has a space at 3 French Hens – so be sure to check it out if you’re there – it’s right behind the register area.
3 hens web address 3 hens barn
3 hens stuff 1 3 hens stuff 2 

Just across the street is the newest shop, Peacock Lane.  I apologize for the lack of pics and information.  Peacock Lane is a very unique shop filled with peacock designs, handmade items, and unique Americana and western items.  It even has a precious children’s section filled with whimsical items just perfect for that special girl or boy.

Roses & Rustics – http://www.rosesandrustics.com/ – Owner Jane Zavala, was just a short walk from the previously mentioned shops in Nolensville.  Jane is the sweetest lady and so fun to talk to.  Her items are wonderfully primitive and oh so fabulously unique.  A must see if you’re in Nolensville.  Her window display was a creation of Jason of Jason Parker Counce Designs and were as scary as ever with the Halloween display of bats.  I can’t wait to see his Christmas creation.  Check Jason out on facebook for some of his other creations.  Roses & Rustics also has a great selection of handmade signs.
roses & rustics bats roses & rustics 1
roses & rustics 4 roses & rustics 3
roses & rustics jewelry
And she has a large collection of vintage and vintage-look jewelry.  Jane just put out a few pocket watch necklaces that were really hard to say no to…I may have to get one when I go back for the Christmas Open House!

Just up the road a bit is La Vie En Rose Cottage – http://www.lavieenrosecottage.comcastbiz.net/ and on facebook – Owner Jenny Light.  This shop is a little closer to Nashville, in the Lenox Village area off Nolensville Road.  Oh so cute, just like the name, tons of hand painted furniture – so shabby chic!  I just loved everything.  This was her second day open and she’d already sold many of her furniture pieces.  The layout of the shop is set up like rooms in a home, making it so inviting and easy to envision the pieces in your own home.  She took care of all the decorating details and enlisted the help of Mary…we all love Mary!  Jenny also carries a line of soy candles that smell wonderful!  Please check out all her unique vintage jewelry – I loved the vintage domino necklaces!  Too cute!
lavie store front lavie store door
lavie 1 lavie dresser
la vie jewelry la vie jewelry 2

Second Chance Consignment  was my last stop, located in Nashville at 4825 Trousdale Drive Suite 214.  This store is the long time dream come true of Jane Kennedy, Beverly Gamble and Lynn – check them out on facebook (Second Chance Consignment-Nashville).  Their lovely store is filled with vintage finds, and many unique eclectic pieces.  They also feature handmade jewelry and paintings by local Nashville artists.
Second Chances ladies second chance store front
second chance outside 2 second chance outside
I hope you enjoyed reading about my south Nashville Saturday ventures as much as I did going.  If you’re in the Nashville area, I highly recommend making a stop at each of these – and don’t forget about the Gaslamp Antique & Decorating Mall in the 100 Oaks area off Armory Drive & I-65, where I have my booth!  With over 300 dealers – there’s something for everyone!  And did I forget to mention that Keith Urban and Nicole came in last week, with Nicole's family?!  How fun is that?!!  I missed them, but everyone said they acted just like "normal" people. 

I stopped at a few junk stores along the way – but I didn’t catch the names…mostly because they looked like where the people lived.  I did find a primitive dresser with swivel mirror with lots of curves and carvings that will look great with some ASCP.  I can’t wait to start on that project.  Pictures to follow!  I hope your Saturday was filled with as much fun and finds.  Happy picking!

Thanks for reading…              
                                           Jennifer blog signature

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Jennifer for the shout out! I had so much fun hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn:
    I really enjoyed the blog. I too will be visiting some of these places soon. Thanks for the wonderful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to make a trip to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great shopping trip! We were in TN this summer (Sevierville & Gatlinburg). Wish I could have found some cute shops like this. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The signs are really fun to make on cabinet doors. Have fun!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! If you have questions please ask - I'm still learning, but will share what I know. Thanks for visiting and again I appreciate your feedback. And please follow me!!