Newport stretch background

Monday, December 2, 2013

Cabana Banana Eastlake Sofa Bench

What a great make over!  Perfect for a sun room.

Of course, it didn’t start out that way.  Tattered fabric and springs poking out everywhere, it was a big project.  I’m glad my dad was in town to help.  He pulled the fabric and horse hair filling off – and the million tacks that held it all together.  There were 36 coil springs in it too!  When we were just left with the bones, we put a wooden seat on the sofa. We did, as in my dad did, I just supervised.

Eastlake sofa (2)

eastlake b4

2013-02-23_11-25-53_543

 

eastlake with seat

I painted it with the same latex that I used on the Lemony French Provençal buffet, and then white washed it with Chalk Paint.  I love how it turned out.  I thought about covering the back area, but decided to put pillows on it instead.

eastlake sofa

Eastlake sofa (2)

 

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! If you have questions please ask - I'm still learning, but will share what I know. Thanks for visiting and again I appreciate your feedback. And please follow me!!