Newport stretch background

Monday, March 17, 2014

Junk Shopping in Nashville, TN

I thought I’d share some of my favorite spots in the Nashville area for good junk, vintage items, and a few antiques.  Don’t tell anyone!!!  Smile

Nashville flea poster

If you’re in town on Nashville Flea Market weekend, always, ALWAYS, go there first!!  It’s every fourth weekend except in December.  Huge deals on furniture, old jars & bottles, industrial/metal pieces, tin ceiling tiles, corbels and really anything and everything you’d ever think about.  Parking costs $3-5 depending on where you park.  Don’t plan on speaking to fellow shoppers who are also dealers.  They are on a mission – to get to the deal before you or anyone else!  It’s not personal, it’s just business!  Smile Best time to go is Friday morning and then again Sunday between 1-3pm.  After 3pm, the dealers are packing up and grumpy.  If you see something unique and you that you really want, you better get it right then.  If you blink or think you can wait and come back on the last day, you might be out of luck.  Ask my dad.  He found some antique railroad date nails and only bought two on Friday morning.  He talked about them the rest of the weekend and said “I’ll just wait and buy more on Sunday when we go back.”  They were all gone.  One person bought all she had (about 30) to use in his furniture making business.  You snooze, you lose!

Nashville flea 1nashville flea 2

I’ve found many a unique item at the Nashville flea.  And once you become a regular, dealers began to recognize you, and you just might get a better deal!  There’s always a variety and you never know what you might find.  But there’s also the the same staple items that you can always count on finding there – like mason jars, old windows and doors, skeleton keys, tin ceiling tiles, original furniture hardware, metal letters, and cowhide pieces.

nashville map

Some others that are on my list to check out: 

I’ve heard there is a really great flea market in Dickson.  I plan on checking it out soon!  If you’ve gone and it’s worth the trip, please let me know.  Hendersonville has a new indoor flea market/market place.  I’ve heard from a few folks that they have good furniture deals, but I don’t make it up to that area very often.  Check it out if you’re in the area and let me know.  There’s also one in Lebanon, but I haven’t been able to find it.  I think it’s every Sunday.

I had planned to write more about junk stores and antique shops in the area, but ran out of time.  Keep checking back for a blog about those.  Thanks!!

Have fun shopping!!!

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. My children live in Nasvhille and I love it when I can be there on the 4th weekend of the Month. Hey that will be next weekend, right? I'm headed that way. I haven't been to the Flea Mark since the one in October. Look for the post that I wrote about it. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! If you have questions please ask - I'm still learning, but will share what I know. Thanks for visiting and again I appreciate your feedback. And please follow me!!